Mumbai: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) and IBM have signed an agreement to incorporate advanced Information Technology (IT) related concepts into the existing B.Tech (Bachelors in Technology) courses offered at the university. It includes technical know-how and syllabi to tackle real-world problems and solutions.
The institutions will design and deliver a new set of courses for the students. The range of courses being offered makes this a first-of-its-kind partnership between IBM and VIT in South India. The students will be equipped to adapt to these changing dynamics in the industry and drive technology and business innovation.
Chancellor Dr. G. Viswanathan said, “As a global leading technology corporation, IBM will help bring in experts to design and deliver a completely new set of courses that meet the evolving needs of the industry.”
This joint initiative by IBM and VIT will cut the process where fresh graduates take long unproductive time to get deployed on customer sites or projects.
The list of programs that will be offered by VIT in collaboration with IBM include :
- B.Tech in IT with Specialization in Infrastructure Management
- B.Tech in IT with Specialization in Cloud Computing and Virtualisation
- B.Tech in IT with Specialization in Telecom Informatics
- B.Tech in IT with Specialization in Business Analytics and Optimization
- B.Tech in IT with Specialization in Healthcare Informatics